Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome to Ottawa


Welcome vigilant reader to the wondrous, magical, prosperous, cosmopolitan city of Ottawa! Excuse me while I gag for a slight moment there. Reading beyond the official tourist brochures and city website, Canada's capital is - to me - a wonderful little conservative town that chokes and stifles. To call it provincial really would be a compliment.

Located in eastern Ontario, Canada's Capital is a city of a million people (counting the suburbs) with a very small urban core. It's gay population is quiet and modest - not really going out of its way to do anything, and that's the way they like it, thank you very much.

This is the framework for my blog. An attempt to highlight the things about Ottawa that irk me, while at the same time providing giddy thrills to my avid readers.

Enjoy folks, it's going to be one heck of a ride!

No comments: